March 28, 2011 - Chantilly, Virginia .
Skyline Software Systems Announces the Release of New TerraExplorer v6 Products.
Chantilly, Virginia (March 28, 2011) - Skyline Software Systems is pleased to announce the formal product release of Skyline’s updated SkylineGlobe product suite. On Monday, March 28th, 2011, Skyline will be publicly releasing the TerraExplorer 6 family of products, part of the SkylineGlobe product suite. TerraExplorer is a powerful, easy-to-use 3D visualization tool for exploring, analyzing, annotating and publishing photo-realistic environments. The family of products includes the TerraExplorer Pro, TerraExplorer Plus and Terra Explorer Viewer all of which can be used in standalone desktop, web-integrated or custom OEM environments.
Skyline will be issuing similar v6 releases of all major SkylineGlobe products over the coming few months including the TerraBuilder v6, TerraGate v6 and SkylineGlobe Web Package families of software.
Version 6 of the Skyline products reflects a significant update in the capabilities of the products and the benefits to the end user. The entire SkylineGlobe product suite has been revised to make the applications more powerful, more flexible, and more resource efficient while at the same time being more user-friendly.
Skyline’s premier client product, TerraExplorer v6 offers many new capabilities and improvements over the prior versions, including:
- Improved handling of streamed 3D models, complex LIDAR models and high resolution elevation layers
- Reduced memory signature for loaded feature layers.
- Accelerated feature layer loading
- Support for Skyline’s new, optimized .mpt v3 terrain model format
- New supported formats including MapInfo file, PostgreSQL, Microstation DGN, WFS-T v1.1.1, Autodesk DXF
- Enhanced KML and Sketchup model support including KML export
- Improved feature layer loading and display
- New realistic visualization features including Atmospheric and Water effects
- Improved interior navigation with collision detection
- New presentation tool for simplifying the creation and sharing of dynamic presentations
- Introduction of the TerraCatalog feature to store, organize and manage connections to spatial databases, layers and projects
- Localization tools simplifies the translation of all text and graphics into foreign languages
- Completely revised User Interface (UI) including Windows Layout Options
Demonstrating Skyline’s commitment to providing industry leading capabilities and value, the TerraExplorer family of products have been reworked to provide the features, capability and usability our customers require. In addition to the new and improved features in TerraExplorer Pro v6, Skyline has added many of the features that were only available in the TerraExplorer Pro level products to the lower cost TerraExplorer Plus and free TerraExplorer Viewer products.
“We’re very excited by the release of our first Version 6 product. We’ve been working on this new product set for quite a while and believe they keep us at the forefront of the industry by providing a toolset that will equip our users, many of them in mission-critical positions, with the capabilities that they need. The Skyline team solicited significant input from our customer based to ensure that the products we are delivering will meet their current and future requirements”, said Paul Collins, Skyline’s CEO.
“The new TerraExplorer v6 release is a significant milestone for our company”, said Ronnie Yaron, Skyline’s CTO. “The Version 6 products including TerraExplorer v6, along with the soon-to-be released TerraBuilder v6, TerraGate v6 and SkylineGlobe Web Package v6 mark a significant milestone for our product set. We believe that these products are a substantial leap over the prior release keeping Skyline at the forefront of the industry with state-of-the-art, benchmark products.”
Skyline Software Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of 3D earth visualization software and services. The company offers a comprehensive platform of applications, tools and services that enable the creation and dissemination of interactive, photo-realistic 3D environments. Skyline technology works on any platform including desktops, wireless handheld devices and in-vehicle systems and over any type of network, including secure intranets, private extranets and the Internet. Skyline is headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. For more information, visit https://www.skylinesoft.com
Ira Marcus, VP Strategic Development